In 1914, this advertisement was placed in London newspapers by Sir Ernest Shackleton to recruit adventurers for his attempt at the first overland crossing of Antarctica. It might just as well be used to recruit church planters for the NW.
Loneliness, stress, physical fatigue, depression and spiritual warfare are the traveling companions of those who set out on the adventure of planting a new church in the Northwest. Certainly, these challenges are common to all of us who attempt great things for God but they’re particularly acute for the men and women who plant churches. They are, after all, serving notice to satan that his kingdom and power are ebbing away, one soul at a time.
Think you have the “right stuff” to start a new church? Start by taking our online profile:
- Go to www.ChurchPlanterProfiles.com
- Create an account and answer “yes” to the question about whether you are working with a church planting network.
- Select Christian Evangelistic Association from the drop-down menu. (This reduces the cost of the ISA profile by 50% to $9.95 and shares the results with the CEA.)
- Complete the profile. The ISA contains 85 questions and takes 20 – 30 minutes to complete.
You will receive your results immediately and a CEA representative will contact you by email to schedule a time to debrief your profile scores.
Questions to Consider:
1. Vision – Do you regularly project into the future in your planning?
2. Self-Starter – Do you create your own “To Do” list each day?
3. Partnership – Do you regularly delegate items on your “To Do” list to other people?
4. Relating to Lost People – Can you give an example of a person with whom you have shared Jesus with in this past year?
5. Family Support – Is your spouse enthusiastically involved in ministry opportunities?
6. Outgoing – Do you initiate the majority of your friendships?
7. Committed to Church Growth – Have you started and/or led a ministry that has experienced growth?
8. Community – Have you ever recognized a need in your community and done something about it?
9. Equipping – Have you trained others for leadership?
10. Flexibility – Are you flexible when it comes to change?
11. Team-Building – Do you have experience developing ministry teams?
12. Resilience – Does “Keep on Keeping On” describe your work ethic?
13. Faith – Do you regularly see God answer specific prayer requests in your life?
14. Entrepreneurial – Have you recently started a project from the beginning?
15. Initiative – Do you take the initiative in most of your tasks?
16. Building Ownership – Can you gain commitment from people to your vision?
17. Relational – Do you have relationships with people who are different than you?
18. Ministry Roles – Do you & your spouse have a clear understanding in regards to roles in the ministry?
19. Friendships – Are you proactive in getting to know people on a personal basis?
20. Finances – Are your personal finances well managed?
If you answered YES to at least 15 of these questions you may be well-suited for church planting. Please contact the CEA!